There are two main types of certificates accepted by banks. The ones you’ll actually use broadly depends on the location of the banks you want to access:
- Open Banking certificates for the UK
- eIDAS certificates for Europe
The actual content of the certificate types is pretty similar, as they all contain:
- The authorisation number of your organisation,
- The roles that you are allowed to fulfil, and
- The name of your National Competent Authority (e.g. FCA in the UK).
Regardless of which bank you’re interacting with, your certificates must be registered with them before you interact with them - fortunately we can help you with that!