Monzo allows you to pull transactions back up to six years in the first 5 minutes.
The Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) limits the retrieval of sensitive or historical transactional data to a set period after the initial consent and authentication of an end-user.
After this period, banks that enforce SCA will only return 90 days of transactions, and, in Monzo’s case, 88 days.
Following the reauthentication flow
- Call our reauth endpoint with a
refresh_tokenfor the user you would like to re-authenticate.
- We return a link to the bank for the user to follow. This is the link to their bank’s app or website.
- The end-user will approve the continued sharing of data.
- Then the end-user will be returned to you at the specified
codeto swap for access and refresh tokens, just as in the first-time user authentication flow.
- You have 5 minutes to pull the transactions 🕺
Benefits: you will avoid creating a new
credentials_id for the end-user.
Follow the authentication flow from scratch
- Connect to the Console
- Generate the Auth Link and connect to the bank
- Exchange the
- You have 5 minutes to pull historical transactions